Saturday, May 9, 2015

My Mom's List

So I happen to have a kick ass momma who through out the years has handed out some parenting advice to me.  I thought I would honor her this Mother's Day by passing on the advice to you and my responses...of course.
1. Kids are always learning. - rather it be by t.v. or us or friends...they are always soaking up information.  It's our job to make it the right information.
2. Imitation is an art form. - kids will imitate what they see and hear, always. (Bonus points if you take it one step further and imitate them too! For example, throw a fit in the middle of the supermarket along with your bundle of joy)
3. Kids have a lot to say. Listen. - what's that, Mom? I can't hear you over the blood curdling screams coming from your granddaughter because I gave her apple juice when she clearly wanted apple juice.
4. Kids are funny. - ok ok I get it. You enjoy hearing about how your grandchildren are driving me crazy. It's not THAT funny!
5. Sibling always love each even when they fight. - of course at times of such fights it's perfectly acceptable and even expected in some cases to bet on who will win. ("I'll see you a foot massage and raise you a diaper blow out!")
6. Kids will drive you insane. - NOW you're speaking my language!
7. Most kids want to be loved. - and slowly suck the life out of you.
8. You can either have a clean house or happy kids....seldom both. - if the messiness of the home is directly proportional to the happiness of the children, mine are euphoric.
9. They will bypass Daddy to get to Momma. - every. Freaking. Time.
10. If one likes something, the other is bound to hate it. - Still true of my brother and me to this day.
11. You will swear you are slowly losing your mind raising them. - having more than one is a sure fire way of shorting this trip.
12. Just when you think you can't take it anymore, they wrap their arms around you and say "I love you, Momma". -and suddenly you know you'll do it all over again tomorrow.
From my momma and me to you and yours....Happy Mother's Day

1 comment:

  1. Great list! My kids must be extremely happy too as the house always looks like a bomb has hit it! We've taken to imitating our girls when they whinge about something and they either stop it or start laughing!

    ReplyDelete