Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Bunker Punk Tour

    So, I am joining the Bunker Punks Tour! No time like the present to give you all a little about myself.  My name is Kate (AKA Momma or sometimes just "Ma").  I currently live in sunny South Florida but will be moving to Dallas, TX here fairly soon.  I have had the pleasure of having 3 beautiful kids with my husband, Traveling Dad (of 13yrs).  Boy Wonder, our oldest is considered special needs with being on the spectrum and having ADHD.  He is currently in 2nd grade and is 8yrs old.  Miss Piss is 3 and a total diva! I wouldn't change them for the world.

   I started writing as a way of memorializing some of the better and funnier stories of my children.  Many people have told me to write and in a huge way it is very cathodic. I hope some of my stories reach out to others who can relate...or at least think "well, at least THAT'S never happened!"
  My most prized possession would have to be a few quilts.  Or my child's hand print mold at death.  I still sleep with his baby quilt under my pillow. I cannot bring myself to hang his hand print mold up.  No wall seems to do it justice.  No place seems safe enough.  I have a painting of him as well that I would be lost without. After making sure my children are safe, these are the things I would run into a burning building for.  They mean that much to me.
 
 After a long day, the kids and I watch movies.  Some times, we have dance parties.  Boy Wonder REALLY hates when those happens but he plays along. As being that we live on a canal, some times we go sit out on the dock and blow bubbles.  There's great therapy in bursting bubbles, let me tell you.  After kids are in bed, and I am all by myself, i read.  I write.  I create wreaths.  I sew. I rarely drink, well, except for recently.  If things are really bad, a good warm shower, a good cry, chocolate and Xanax are called in to save the day.

   There are two songs that fit my life very well.  I really can't pick just one.  The first one is "Broken" by Lifehouse.  The other is "Life Ain't Always Beautiful" by Gary Allen. Both fit my life and my views on life so they are both worth mentioning.
 
     If I could give one piece of advice to new bloggers in my field (since I'm so old at this, you know) it would be...be true to yourself.  Write what moves you.  Write whatever you want to write just write in your own voice. Tell your story in whatever voice you use and never for one moment be ashamed of what you have to say.  There is ALWAYS someone out there that will love it or need those exact words at that exact moment.  Be yourself.  Be true to yourself.  The rest will fall into place.
   
Now that I am world famous and all "one with the Bunker" if there is one thing I would like to be remembered for saying it is probably this...."We are given one life.  One chance at it.  Don't waste it wishing and hoping for something better.  Make it happen with what you have.  Time waits for no one"
 
  Hope you enjoyed this little trip into my mind.  Thanks, as always, for reading and comments always welcomed

                                                  

3 comments:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly that you must write from the heart. Those are always the best posts that resonate with the most people. I appreciate your honesty in dealing with the bad days. I suffered PPD after having my 2nd child and kept it to myself until I couldn't take it anymore. Was overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from the blogging community. Look forward to reading more of your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been there, done that. Nothing like having PPD while pregnant. Poor Traveling Dad didn't stand a chance! Thank you for reading! I look forward to seeing what you have to say about my other posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this so much, my heart felt your joy in appreciating the simple moments of blowing and popping bubbles, love of your children, loss and heartache of your angel baby, and hope in yourself to heal and write and discover a wonderful journey within your own strength. I'm so happy you're one my adored bunker punks. 💗

    ReplyDelete